If you have been involved in a car accident in the Tampa area, the impact can be overwhelming. From physical injuries and medical bills to the emotional toll and lost wages, the aftermath of an unexpected collision can be difficult to navigate. In these situations, the Tampa car accident attorneys at Shapiro | Delgado can help.
Our firm has represented car accident victims for years and understands Florida’s complex no-fault insurance system. With our breadth of skills, resources, and legal knowledge, you can trust our attorneys to work tirelessly to obtain the compensation that you need to recover.
Why Choose Our Tampa Car Accident Attorneys?
- Our attorneys have decades of combined experience and have handled a wide range of injury cases, including car accident claims. With this experience, we will work to secure the settlement that you deserve.
- We are known for our commitment to aggressive advocacy. Insurance companies are aware that we won’t accept low-ball settlements and are prepared to go to trial if necessary.
- Navigating a car accident claim can be stressful and confusing. Our attorneys are knowledgeable and responsive and will work to make the process as stress-free as possible.
Florida Is a No-Fault Car Insurance State
Florida is one of a few states that follows a no-fault car insurance system. This means that after a car accident, your first step is filing a claim under your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance policy. This coverage will pay the medical bills and other financial losses of anyone covered under the policy, regardless of who caused the accident, up to the policy limits. However, PIP coverage has limitations, as it does not compensate for non-monetary damages such as pain and suffering.
To seek compensation for all available non-economic losses, you will need to file a third-party insurance claim or lawsuit against the driver responsible for the accident. However, your injuries must meet the serious injury threshold set by state law to step outside of the no-fault system. In Florida, a serious injury is defined as any of the following:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Significant and permanent scarring or
- Permanent injury (within a reasonable degree of medical probability)
Legal Representation for Tampa, FL Car Accidents
Filing a car accident claim in Florida can be complicated and time-consuming, and without an attorney, you may not know your rights or the full extent of your potential damages. The lawyers at Shapiro | Delgado understand the complexities of the car accident claims process. We can help you navigate the process and recover the settlement that you deserve.
Our Tampa car accident attorneys can support your case in several ways, such as:
- Representing you in court and building a compelling case for trial
- Providing a thorough understanding of the laws and regulations surrounding Florida car accidents
- Gathering necessary evidence, such as witness statements, police reports, and medical records
- Providing legal guidance and advice throughout the claims process
- Reducing stress and allowing you to focus on your recovery
- Handling negotiations with insurance companies for a fair settlement
- Protecting your rights and ensuring that you are not taken advantage of by insurance companies
- Helping you calculate your potential settlement and advocating for the maximum compensation for your injuries, damages, and expenses
What Compensation Can You Recover in a Car Accident Claim?
When you are involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to several types of compensation. Some of the most common forms of compensation include:
- Medical Expenses: This encompasses the past and future expenses incurred from medical treatment due to your car accident injuries, such as hospital bills, prescription medications, and physical therapy.
- Lost Wages: If you could not work due to your injuries, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the lost wages.
- Property Damage: You can recover compensation to cover the cost of repairs or replacement for your vehicle and any damaged personal property.
- Pain and Suffering: This type of compensation aims to provide reimbursement for the physical and emotional pain you suffered due to your injuries.
Each car accident case is different and the compensation you are entitled to recover will vary based on the specific details of your situation. A car accident lawyer from Shapiro | Delgado can assist you in determining the types of damages you may be eligible for and will advocate aggressively for your right to financial compensation.
Steps to Take After a Tampa Car Accident
A car accident in Tampa can be a traumatic experience, but it’s essential to take certain actions in order to protect your rights and gather evidence for a potential claim. After the collision, take the following steps immediately:
- Call the Police: It’s important to call 911 after the accident, even if the crash seems minor. A police report can provide important documentation of the accident and be used later in your insurance claim. Make sure to get a copy of the report for your records.
- Seek Medical Attention: The first step after a car accident should always be to seek medical attention, even if you do not believe you are injured. This is important not only for your health and well-being, but also to document your injuries in the event you decide to pursue a claim later on.
- Gather Evidence: If you are able, gather as much information and evidence at the scene of the accident as possible. Collect contact and insurance information from the other driver, take photos of the scene and damage to the vehicles, and ask for any witnesses’ names and contact information.
- Contact an Attorney: Finally, you should contact a personal injury lawyer to help you navigate the complex claims process. An attorney can handle the legal and insurance matters for you and fight to recover full compensation for the losses that you have suffered. Do not speak with the other driver or any insurance representative until you have consulted with an attorney.
Contact the Lawyers at Shapiro | Delgado Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in Tampa, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. A Tampa car accident lawyer from Shapiro | Delgado can help you navigate the complex no-fault system and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys are dedicated to providing aggressive and compassionate representation for those affected by car accidents. Contact us today at (941) 954-4000 to schedule a free consultation and discuss your next steps.